acediac
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M, F30 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
congratulations, man!!!

there are definitely a 'second wave' of owners arriving these days....i am one of them. The ironic thing is that in the US, at least, the 'second wave' of owners are often paying MORE for these cars than the 1st wave of owners!! LOL.....i guess we aren't the smartest bunch?

your car looks great.....you are going to LOVE IT!
Hey congrats to you, too! You have good taste!

Well, the fact is, even though you are paying more than the new US price, it is STILL less than what I paid, and my price is ALREADY depreciated from the new Oz price. That shows you how much we got gouged (the new price here was USD$100k back in 2011!!) So I think it's safe to say Aussies are the dumbest of all. Not only do we put up with this shit, there are some here who are so brainwashed that they are DEFENDING these ludicrous prices, and they aren't even the dealers, they are the consumers!

I really don't understand why BMW didn't ship more of these cars to the US though. I guess the flipside is that they have become a lot more collectible there. I have a feeling even after the M2 comes out, the M1 will still be sought after.
Appreciate 0