View Single Post
      04-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #29
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
^^My only other advice when visiting the 'Ring would be NOT to try to measure your lap times or feel under pressure to keep up with "other" cars. Because some of the locals drive just plain nuts there like they are out to set a new track record. Everytime I have gone... when the track opens up to tourists... I usually wait 45 minutes to an hour... and let all the "track squirrels" go out and proven their manhood. Inevitably a few of them will wreck and then everyone tends to calm down some.

Also... becareful at kilometer marker 14: Hohe Acht (I think thats the name). As you approach that turn you are first going down a hill then up a hill(the apex is blind and then it shoots down hill after the apex)... the way the tree (forrest)line is cut the road looks to go to the RIGHT... but as you are climbing up that hill.... it is blind and then close to the top you realize the road goes LEFT not right and then it is downhill thru a corkscrew off (neg) camber surface. It caught a friend of mine by surprise and he almost wrecked our rental car. All along I was screaming from the back seat RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT!!!! But he could have sworn the road went left. Everyone does. lol

I would not be affriad to come to the Ring. Just respect it. Because the Green Hell has some sharp teeth!
Is it left or is it right? Your two sentences seem to contradict
Appreciate 0