08-24-2011, 05:43 AM   #22
1mGator
1mGator
United_States
Rep
Drives: Valencia 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
1mGator, I hope you got the steaks, etc. that come on the hot stones at Pistenklausen. It's something that I haven't seen anywhere else. Great pics, btw.

P.S. I got to ride around with some guy who had a E46 M3 CSL!! That was pretty cool. You really can't appreciate the track until you drive it. No video game/ video serves it well.

Those steaks were all around us and looked great. Lucky you to ride in a CSL .... CSL's and GtS were well represented that day and such a sweet exhaust note! Totally agree on the video game ..... elevation changes and narrowness of the track in certain places can't be properly represented - needs to be on every "addicts" list

You aren't supposed to but if you have a passenger just have them install it right after you start. You should be ok I'd imagine.
Yea, that makes sense ..... guess we were just too excited to be rational ... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
E30 M3s love
nice photos.
Thanks ..... my original BMW love ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
Your car looks great, such amazing pictures! I'm so envious of basically everything you did!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve79 View Post
Haha, yes it's really cool, to live not far from the ring and also not far from Spa-Francorchamps!!
Steve .... quit your bragging and post some pics/video Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Nice read and great pics mate....

There is just something about the ring you can only imagine until you take to the circuit, one hell of an adrenaline rush..........

To me its the Rollercoaster ride from hell or during German public holidays, The Kamikaze Run! lol

Agreed on the rush, I would really cherish a "track day" there ..... part of the challenge was the fact that you could run up on slow traffic (van, bus, etc) in a corner/tough area.

Happy motoring........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Mr View Post
"So jealous that you are so close and can do the ring whenever you want ....."

"great rush to be on the edge in the wet"

That is Steve 79 that live near the ring - the second VO in the staging area pic - he's the fortunate one!!!
Appreciate 0