View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

Air Intake - Best Option for a hot place like FL?

I wish BMW Performance would make a system for the 1M. Their closed CF air boxes have proved to be one of the best options on other vehicles in the past. I saw the GruppeM system but what is the pricing on that nor have seen any numbers on performance. I have a drop in filter now but my car wants more. I do NOT want a dual cone set up as I ran one on my 135i. The ambient temps in FL are not the best if you are running an open/ or dual cone set up. Don't believe me? Do 3 hard pulls and see how different your car feels that 4th pull when compared to the first. I am not a drag car guy, I am a corner guy, and have all my fun driving my car extremely hard. And I can not drive it as hard/consistent when running an open set up such as dual cones, bottom line. I had an opened mind and gave it a shot. That inconstancy is not why I buy BMW. It is common sense: yes, more air is good but not air that is extremely hot/ hotter than what the stock box takes in.

Has anyone seen what set up is on the BMW safety car? That car has been the model for my own vehicle and I would love to see what route they went for additional cooling aside from the $11,000 hood.
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009
Appreciate 0