View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #39
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

All this thread really proves is that there are fanboys of everything.

I like Terry and BMS because he has been working on our N54 engines since they came out. Cobb however, is bigger and has lots of experience working on other cars. They definitely know what they are doing. They BOTH know what they're doing. JB4 can do more with meth and other features, and Cobb can do more with fueling (should be noted that both are pretty limited because our fuel pumps themselves can only pump so much, regardless of programming, and that's the biggest problem with upgraded turbo setups it seems).

There are advantages and limitations of each, and it's stupid to argue over what's "better". I really don't find the install of the JB4 annoying enough to justify the higher cost of the Cobb AP. That's my personal opinion, and that's what it is... an opinion. Also, as mentioned, I appreciate Terry as an enthusiast where I see Cobb more of as a big company that is trying to branch out and tap every market it can, while BMS sticks with BMW and just barely started tuning some Mercedes engines very recently. Again, that's just my perception/opinion. I could be wrong, and what I perceive could matter very little to others. I would personally get a Procede over either, but I already paid for a JB4 and it's plenty fast for me, especially with meth. You are entitled to your own opinions. Stuff like this is what idiots on ricer forums fight over. I'd hope if you can afford this car, you'd be intelligent enough to realize that not everything is black and white.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0