View Single Post
      01-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
Plover
Rep
Drives: 1M

Front speakers replaced

Having just completed the DIY replacement of front speakers I would like to share my observation. The front door speakers have shallow mounting depth.

(a) It is important to avoid using thick foam seal and adapter ring (my stainless steel adapter is only 1 mm thick); and

(b) instead of using spade connectors, just solder the speaker cable to the speaker terminals.

I mounted the crossover below the speakers and close to the door hinge. Hopefully, this would reduce the magnitude of vibration taken up by the crossover when the door is being closed or... sometimes slammed by the passenger unintentionally. This would however require two ridges to be flattened. It is easy if you have the right tool.

Another advantage of mounting the crossover at this spot is that I could adjust the dB of the crossover without removing the whole door trim panel. By removing the three screws on the trim panel and loosening a couple of clips near the crossover, I managed to slip my hand inside and conveniently adjusted the dB.
Attached Images

Last edited by Plover; 01-19-2013 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0