Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow Achtung! Abstand kamera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillslinger View Post
Dude, just read that last post and have to say, thanks! I've been living here for... Ever and have occasionally seen the center camera and/or the ones on the overpass but can't recall putting all 3 together like this and NEVER thought they'd be for checking abstand.

The Germans don't mess around with Abstand (tail gaters). Just be glad the law is slightly different for us Ami's... bc for the Germans teh fine is based on how much that person makes per year! A few years back they nabbed some guy in Bavaria and fined him 200K euros(I think?). It was some rediculous fine.

Here are some of my real life photos of the Abstand cameras. This was takens at the BA autobahn crossing where the A73 and A70 intersection. In real life it is truely hard to see the camera until its too late. You really need to look for the add-on cameras that hang off the overpass gaurd railing. That is the tip off.

A73 Autobahn direction Coburg, just pass the BA autobahn crossing.

Same location - just no camera's. Another tipp-off where they hang the cameras are these big white stripes marking the road. In some areas the Polizei use a bar-code like markings on each shoulder of teh autobahn.
Name:  IMG_8846.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  130.4 KB

SAME bridge... but with the Polizei abstand cameras set up.... CAN you see the cameras? No? They are there!
Name:  IMG_8847.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  105.3 KB

How about now? See the cameras?
Name:  IMG_8848.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  102.6 KB

This is the small video camera... to ID the driver. The two camera's on the overpass railings give a wide angle view of oncoming traffic and one pointing down just before the bridge(lower camera). They do this so you can't say some car pulled out in front of you! And that is also why the Polizei make a video AND still pictures when they do Abstand Kontroll!
Name:  IMG_8848 - Copy.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  100.9 KB
Appreciate 0