02-07-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Prep project: 5 hours in

I started the initial wash/clay/polish/seal project today. In 30 degree weather. My wife thinks I'm nuts! I washed it with Dawn to get the surface squeaky clean, then took the clay bar to it. The clay really didn't come back very dirty, but I still felt better performing this step. Next came the Menzerna PO85rd with a blue pad. Let me try to put this eloquently: This stuff is fuc*ing magic on Jet Black! I was extremely pleased to say the least. Remember that pic I posted with the dealer installed swirls? The paint responded immediately to the polish and 98% of the light scratches/hazing came off with the first pass. I made a second pass on the trunk for comparisons sake and it was nearly perfect to my eye in the sunlight. Here are some teaser pics. And by the way, that reflection pic with my ugly mug in it? That's with NO WAX OR SEALENT! Just one pass of Menz . I can't wait to see how it looks after 3 coats of Z2 enhances the shine. It's going to be simply amazing. I'd say I got at least another 6 hours ahead of me.

Check out the snow!
Attached Images

- Joe Walsh

Last edited by BlackjackMulligan; 02-10-2009 at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0