View Single Post
      08-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #9
marcel b
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
I've got BMW Apps and use an iPhone 4, and was looking into the cradle mounts yesterday. I decided to pass for two reasons. First, the cradle won't fit your phone if you keep it in a case, which is virtually everyone I know. I'm not going to take my phone out of the case to put it in the cradle everytime I get in my car. Second issue is that it's phone-specific, and the new iPhone 5 is rumored to be here in Oct. I always tell myself I don't need the new iPhone, and then end up with it two days after it comes out. The only advantage I've been able to determine with the cradle (vs. just plugging into the USB port) is that it's supposed to work with the car antenna to give better reception. Reception isn't an issue for me, so I'm going to pass on the cradle. Really the only thing I want to plug my phone into the USB for is internet radio. I can't stand Facebook and Twitter. I only got BMW Apps because maybe they'll add some updates down the road that might be useful, like Google.

I do not use a case and the USB cable hanging annoys me.
an additional advantage of the snap-in is that you have the apple interface for you music. This doesn't work with USB. (facebook and twitter I do not care as well)
Appreciate 0