Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
this is definitely not the norm. sorry to hear for sure, you must have gotten a "Made on friday" car. sounds borderline lemon.
You're relatively new here but of the five people I know who own(ed) N54 powered cars, every single one had at least one HPFP replaced. One of them had four replaced, one had three, and my coworker is on his third as well. The issue may have been resolved but for a good couple of years, HPFP failures were sadly the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
First i think the fuel pump is VERY blown out of proportion, and it is covered to like 120,000 miles under warranty so who cares. also the turbos are up to 80 i believe. that being said i would say the 128 is inarguably a better long term car. i would say the 128 6mt fully loaded is probably one of the best long term propects on the market today, no question would recommend that to anyone i know, even having the 135.
How does the 120,000 mile warranty help you when you're stuck on the side of the highway? This happened to many people. Mine gave up as I was pulling onto my street... the day I was supposed to take it on vacation... on my birthday. That is not "reliable" by any stretch of the imagination.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0