View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

Thanks for the offer John. If I don't hear back from any 128i drivers, I may take you up and maybe we can convince a 128i driver to join in on the fun. I live up in the foothills of LA, so perhaps we could meet somewhere in Orange County as a midway point.

Driving a 135i back to back with my car will tell me about half of what I want to know: how does the smaller chassis feel? How is the 1 Series Sport/M-Sport ride quality compared with the 3 (though I know the 128i would have 17s to your 18s)? How do the 1 Sport Seats feel compared to the 3? I'm also interested in driving a 128i to see if the additional weight difference is as noticeable as I expect.

Is your 135i a manual? Also, any chance you have the HK stereo option? I'm interested in hearing the differences between the 3 Series HK and the 1 Series HK -- on paper, they're a little different (speaker count, location and power).

I'll see if I get any more 128i bites, then I'll be in touch. Thanks!

P.S. Out of curiosity, is Lou's Records still kicking around in Encinitas? I lived in San Diego for a few years and I spent a lot of time (and $$$) there back in the day.

Last edited by simianspeedster; 07-22-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0