View Single Post
      04-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #104
PaulMcA
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M

Interesting read this thread and so many options. Being in the UK I am looking at options available without excessive shipping costs and custom and excise duty on any import.

So to negate these costs, I am going to go to a very reputable UK exhaust manufacturer called Hayward & Scott. They have produced quality items for a few of my Subaru Impreza's many years ago and Shane (Aussie) on this forum is using their rear back box.

Looking on their website I really like the design for the back box and will look at fitting one in the summer but I want Ian to give me 90mm tips and not rolled. Something mimicking the Vorsteiner exhaust on here.

In the meantime, I have spoken to Ian at H&S and they are going to take the car for a few days and develop a centre section without the secondary cats or silencer/resonator. I'll run this with the OEM rear box for a few months and see how that is.

Does anyone know why I shouldn't go for a non-resonated centre, does it increase the drone that is ever present with 1M's and/or does it affect performance at all? Not many exhaust options on these 5 pages have a non-resonated centre section... why?
Appreciate 0