View Single Post
      12-21-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
bimmerfan15
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Saying Goodbye to my 135i and BMW

My lease is up next month on my 2008 135i and it's time to say goodbye to it. I really REALLY enjoyed driving it. It had been the best car I ever had, not to mention the fastest (and I came from modded Mustang GTs and 300z).

I had hoped to move into a loaded 2012 m3 but I ended up purchasing an Audi TT-RS after the combination of a truly miserable experience with the BMW sales team at the dealership here in Vegas and my extreme good fortune in securing an allocation for the first (and only 1 of 5 total) 2012 TT-RS cars here in Vegas.

After driving the Cayman S, Mercedes C63 Coupe, M3, Audi S5, TT-RS and Nissan GTR it really did come down to the TT-RS and the M3 (which were also nearly identical in price). The exclusivity of the TT-RS and the horrible way the BMW dealership treated me were the deciding factors.

I'll miss my 135i and when the new M3 and M5 come out I will take a hard look at both and decide whether to buy one or keep the TT-RS. However, I will be purchasing from another BNW dealership outside of Vegas if I do.

I had a chance to track my new TT-RS and it simply blows my 135i away (both were at the track). The Audi TT-RS was designed to be a true turn-key track car solution though so it's no surprise that it beats anything BMW has at the moment.

Farewell! I would have kept the 135i had it not been on a lease.
SOLD: 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is
SOLD: 2008 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0