View Single Post
      12-22-2011, 03:00 PM   #17
Dandbest
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, 1973 2002 ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan15 View Post
Well, my experience wasn't price related but yeah, I completely understand. My issue was that I was lied to by both the sales and management.

"No, its not faster than an M3. Especially around a track. Heck, a 1M has beaten it in every comparison. Maybe the only M3's you are racing are parked ones?
Other than the sweet 5 cyl, its an automatic secretary's car."

You must have missed the part when I said I test drove the M3 several times and that I have the 135i. All three were on the track a couple of weeks ago and the Audi was the best out there. Wasn't even close. My TT-RS clocked multiple times 0-60 in slightly under 4 seconds and my TT-RS is stock. I've read all the reviews on the 1M versus the TT-RS. Thing is, those were against the european version and not the american.

I love the styling of the M3 obviously more than just about anything else and I am NOT a fan of the TT-RS look but I decided on the best "vanilla" track car available and something that was exclusive and with a little modding would be the fastest thing on the track. I made a pretty good choice.

I'd be driving an M3..which was one of my points...if the dealership here in Vegas had treated me with respect and not repeatedly lied to me.
If 0-60 is your thing, I suggest a GT500 or a Z06. Much easier to make faster too. Around an actual race track, every magazine has shown the 1M to be faster. In any case, I understand that the dealership experience has a lot to do with your purchase, however you could have tried a different dealership but whatever. Enjoy the car for what it is.
Appreciate 0