View Single Post
      04-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I saw where 1 series owners with later models said they have the capability but not where somebody with a 2008 said their car would stream audio. I wouldn't assume that if a 2011 professional head unit will stream a 2008 will.

Have you checked your owners manual? If you car will do this, it should be mentioned in the manual. If you do not have the manual, you can download it (for free) from BMW NA. They have prior years manual.

I also checked to see if anybody on the B M W c o d i n g website reported success in enabling this and couldn't find anything useful.

If you are an experienced coder I can see what you would ask about this before paying $60 for a hardware solution but if you aren't, the $60 could be your best option even if it possible to code this - and my guess is it is not. Unless you use the accessory outlet under the arm rest for something, plugging a device into that and the aux port seems like a slick option.

Jim
Thanks for the info,I have some experience in coding and my roommate is a CS major. The hardware supports bluetooth 2.1, meaning it is feasible to stream audio and data over bluetooth. I believe BMW hadn't integrated the firmware until the 2011 models, but it should be possible to accomplish. I'll look deeper into it and post if I figure something out.
Appreciate 0