View Single Post
      03-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #9
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
My 135 was written up as modded due to downpipes (btw they also wrote me up as suspension modded). They enter it into their national database then if something comes up in the future they can deny warranty coverage of needed repairs.

In my case it did create a small issue. After my car had been written up, my HPFP went out and they initially denied the work under my warranty due to my mods. I mildly complained and they agreed to do some tests to see if the downpipe caused the HPFP issue, etc. In the end they specifically wrote up that my modded car was not eligilbe for regular engine warranty work but my 100k mile HPFP extended warranty was still valid and they replaced my HPFP.

I bought my 135 to mod and didn't really care, I just wanted knew the HPFP was not the fault of my mods. Later I had some injectors replaced under recall, etc. MY car recently passed 4 years old so I'm out of the warranty period without any other issues.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0