08-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #19
kioneo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia000 View Post
Has anyone calculated what all the scheduled maintenance fees would cost without the maintenance plan? I bet it doesn't save much money if any to purchase the extended maintenance plan when compared to someone who completes the same maintenance at the dealer and pays for each maintenance. Can anyone confirm this?
I did so and for my driving habits the costs were within about $300 of each other (maintenance plan versus having the dealer perform all services on my dime). I stood to save $300 if all my expected services were covered under the plan. That was too close to call for me so I opted to pass on the extended maintenance. In addition, I plan on instead doing most of my own basic work and saving even more.

I did, however, purchase the extended warranty. Just look at the cost of the electronic components. About two failed modules will set you over the purchase price of the warranty; I've already had my radio replaced so I know that wouldn't have been cheap. For me, it's insurance. I simply reconcile that cost into the overall cost of the car.
Appreciate 0