12-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #96
Alex@Helix
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVANT123 View Post
Alex- I'd have no problem spending the extra 5-10 minutes removing the stock couplers if someone could prove to me that the stock couplers are really that restrictive at the power levels that we are talking about here (<450whp). I agree, there will be a point where they will become a restriction, but are we really there yet? All the dynos that I've seen of cars that have HPF intercoolers are very similiar to cars with Helix/ETS/AMS intercoolers. If there really is a "large restriction" as you say- why aren't we seeing it in the dynos? Has Helix performed some some sort of testing to determine how much flow is gained by removing the stock couplers at the <450whp level?

Again- not trying to start a war here, just trying to get the facts out on the table and separate the "theory" from the actual results people are seeing.

Regards,
Joe

Joe,
Are you saying that the restriction is not there? You are saying that air flows better through the picture below than through our silicone couplers?

Truth is there are probably many restrictions in the system but when we are designing a product we do so to the best of our ability. So because most of the cars are under 450 horsepower we shouldn't have made the 10 minute inconvenience for better flow capable of outperforming other companies intercooler past the 450 hp mark? Have you seen the amount of cars upgrading turbos, installing meth, and reaching that 450 horsepower threshold? What you are saying is a 10 minute inconvenience is not worth eliminating a restriction in the system (even it it were minor) and having the ability to run over 450 horsepower with the Helix Intercooler.
Appreciate 0