05-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #21
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
Any potential for a big GB?
Quote:
+1 - I want a set of these for sure - was about to order the arc-8's but much prefer the looks of these.
Quote:
These are so nice. I too would be interested in a group buy.
There will be a discounted pre-order for these wheels.

Quote:
I just wanted to congratulate a vendor who's stepping out and making nice / light rims that actually fit our cars... thx!

I'd also be interested in a GB...any chance of getting these in a polished finish? Nice and shiny for a Cashmere Silver 135i...

Also, why a different offset than the arc-8? I was looking forward to some 275s on the rear!
We cannot do custom finishes. Our model is to bring lightweight, direct fitment wheels to the market at extremely competitive pricing. Custom finish options would prevent volume efficiency and pricing would be drastically higher.

The offset were improved based on customer demand. Only 1 in 20 customers or less would install 275 tires on the 9.5" wheels. The rest used 265/35/18's and the 4mm more aggressive offset is better for that. The new offset does not completely prevent the installation of 275 tires though. We'll do some testing when we can and verify that 275's will still fit (possibly with a very minor fender roll).

Quote:
can you provide tires as well so that if purchased from you they arrive completely assembled and ready to mount?
We can source some tires but they are all special order and will have to be quoted on a case by case basis. We do have a hunter leverless mounter and road-force balancer, but it's primarily used for local installations. We have shipped mounted sets though in the past. I can disclose now that mounted sets do not quality for shipping discounts that are offered during group-buys and pre-orders, so it may be more economical to only source the wheels if you participate in the pre-order.