08-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #44
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woj View Post
Geez, getting defensive are we? 8-)
I have no illusions about my GTI, but I feel that you do about the 128i, that's all.
I think that some of the BMW marketing stuff is betting the better of everybody...I would offer that the competition is not standing still during this time and BMW should really re-assess their starting point. 215hp/200 ft-lb is not going to make me excited in a car that weighs 34xx lbs.
Civic Si...what a joke!
Mini Cooper S? cute, but slow!
128i is entry level, with entry level performance. It pure marketing from BMW. It's not even being offered in any other market, they won't take the time to offer it with any decent parts.
I apologize to come off harsh but do you realize that prior to the 1 series coupe, BMW's entry level 3 series just 2 years ago was not a quick vehicle.(high 7's to 60 at best) A base 1 will more than likely be good for LESS than 6 which shaves off more than a full second.

1.) Its 230hp not 215
2.) A 128i will not weigh 34xx, try 3000ish
3.) Pick up Motortrend, C&D, or roadandtrack. A civic SI is more athletic than a GTI.
I'm done debating this because you have no idea what your talking about man. Your facts are wrong sorry.