View Single Post
      09-29-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
imoz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW 135i M-Sport

Window Motor Question - Troubleshooting Procedure?

I have read the window motor threads that come up in search. The dealer is not convenient for me anymore (office moved), so I was hoping there might be a few simple things I could check before going that route.

My drivers side window is "frozen", it will not go up or down. When I move the window switch, I can hear a quick "click click" as if the relay is flipping to move the window, but nothing happens. I get the window warning light in the dash.

I tried the reset procedure - hold down for 10 seconds, them hold up for 10 seconds. This clears the pinch warning indicator, but the window still does not move.

What is the likely culprit? Should I go to the trouble of getting to the fuse box and check fuses? Burned out window motor? Just wondering what I should check and in what order to isolate the problem.

I don't want to have to trek to the dealer and then be without the car for awhile if I don't have to. If I can correct this myself even if I have to swap out the window motor in an afternoon that would be a heck of a lot more convenient for me.
Appreciate 0