02-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #31
Dosturbos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F48 X1 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
Looks like somebody made a sale off of you. Unless there is an actual problem, I wouldn't go around replacing parts just because of running higher boost. Its actually pretty easy to perform a boost leak test and see if there are any leaks in the plastic charge/diverter valves under higher pressures. The only time I would actually consider upgrading the stock charge pipe, is only on the N55's because that is known to break even under stock boost levels.
Not in my case, my boost leaks were happening on the dyno with said stock charge pipe and couplings. Check out that coupling between the charge pipe and the intercooler and you will know what I mean (It's like a glorified thick balloon)...especially when your car is on a dyno you can see things expanding and the engine moving. My mechanic did a boost leak test pre dyno so I know it was not an installation error. You get better flow with bigger pipes and sturdy silicone couplings anyway. I am making pretty good numbers and the car feels awesome. I just wish I had wider rubber in the rear for more traction.
Appreciate 0