Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is Convertible

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal135 View Post
Wow! I didn't know this issue was so common. When I first test drove the 135is, it was a vert. As I was pulling onto the highway the sales rep was urging me to really get on the gas. A couple of miles into the highway the car throws a low coolant code and goes into limp mode.

It must be a common occurrence with these cars as my dealership was on the west coast.
To be more specific from my incident, there is a coolant hose that comes loose underneath the car and the coolant just spills right out. Being new to BMWs, I saw a warning icon while on the highway, but wasn't for sure what it was. A minute later I pull off the highway and see steam and it all makes sense. The coolant hose is adjusted or swapped out at the port of entry as part of the "is" package. Too bad the mods are not fully completed in Germany.

Several others have reported on the electronic stabilty control loss warning light, which seems to be a common miss as well. Something to do with a mis-calibrated sensor...so whoever is doing that work is missing it.

The faulty clutch relay driving stereo feedback seems to be a one-off issue.

Anyway, break-in miles are complete on my car. Had the oil changed at 1,500 miles when I could finally get back to the dealer and have been hammering it since. I've in no way perfected my 6MT launch, but I'm having fun practicing!
Appreciate 0