12-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
Why Knot
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
My car has had a really rough idle sense day one of ownership, sometimes it stumbles so bad I thought I've been rear ended, it's that rough. An interesting side note, the really rough idle never showed on the rpm guage, it always showed perfectly steady

Fixed!

The car was in the shop for the radio, I guess they had to reflash every system, it was an all day software update, took 2 days, and most of my settings were lost, like dash light brightness.

Now that I have the car back, within 5 minutes of driving I noticed the really bad idle is fixed. I had actually taken the car in for the bad idle before, and they said it was normal.

it was not normal!

Maybe this will fix my stalling issue, once every 2 weeks the car will start up and immediately stall, the engine just shuts off, it only does this after spirited driving when the car is good and hot, and it has to sit off for 20-30 minutes. I have been blaming this on vapor lock, just like an old car or motorcycle, the fuel boils out of the fuel lines or the fuel pump, old cars have the fuel pump mounted to the engine block like our n54's are. We shall see if the stalling goes away.
I had my 135i in for occasional non-working audio system and occasional long crank times. I also got the software update and the car runs even better than before. But what is most amazing is that the oil temperature is now 10 to 15 degress lower than before. I have posted several times on Bimmerpost and BMW CCA to see if anyone knows what the software update does, but no replies to date. I'm glad you are as pleased with the results as I am.
Appreciate 0