miiipilot
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 Brooklyn Grey 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluephobic(1) View Post
Complaints

1. Ok I am 24 and I consider myself very much a "car guy" I can't stand it when I step into a BMWNA dealership and I can't get any service; is it common place to stereotype young buyers in a manner that deserves less respect than lets say a mid 30's couple and just giving you an idea of who I am I have been active service for 5 years in The Navy and payed for all of my toys in cash

2. When I went to buy my 135i I took my grandfather with me hopefully to pursuade him into looking at the BMW line, and the salesmen there would consistently check on him

3. Even when He told the dealership staff that I was the one that was shopping they still tried to talk through him to me like he was buying the car WTF BMW get of your high horse

Summary: Maybe I had a bad experience but I feel that I am not alone on the younger side of the house and how High end Manufacturers treat us

BTW this was a certain small Dealership in northern OHIO that started with a G and ended with a Y.....
This is called "Curb-Side Qualifying"

When I went into buy my 1st BMW ('99 E36 M3) from Classic BMW in Mentor, OHIO I was 25. I wanted to test drive one out front. The salesman asked if would like to have my parents come in before test driving.

He refused. Said it was their policy. I laughed and left.

For the next week I searched within 500 miles for an M3 with the package and wheels I wanted. No luck. I circled back around and the area and called Cleveland BMW (Davis Automotive Group) in Solon, OHIO. I asked the sales person to describe the wheels. She said they were kind of chunky. I said I'll be right up. Most M3s came with M Double Spoke II. Few had the newer Forged M Double Spoke. They were closed when I arrived. And there she was. I thought that '98 was the last year of the M Contour II. NOPE. Called the next day and requested a test drive..."Absolutely Sir, What time can I expect you (Red carpetish) Test drove it and signed papers.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/faq/E36_M3_Wheels.jpg

As the coup de grace, I took it back to Classic BMW for my 1st service and made it a point to let the sales person know I bought one and exactly what I paid for.

I went to Ganley BMW in Middleburg Heights for the 135i and received similar "Curb-side Qualifying." I was sorta ignored until I asked for assistance. The purchasing was uneventful, the DELIVERY was the worst car buying experience I have ever experienced. Basically, I had a 4-day weekend planned. Was supposed to be delivered Thursday afternoon and take the new car on a roadtrip. NOPE. They said, "We had a lot of cars to deliver today." BUT NOT MINE!!! Ok, how bout Friday...NOPE "Our finance manager will not be in Friday."

I almost canceled the deal. After a week, I calmed down and signed the papers and TORE THEM UP on the survey. I posted about that experience too.

Sorry for the long post

miiipilot
Appreciate 0