RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 716 View Post
So much irony in this thread
Interesting indeed.

Consider how many on here feel the stock performance of the 1M actually needs MORE power, and yet a low number actually track the car.
So, where do they need even 340hp let alone trying to get 400hp, and for what purpose?

In general, I agree that street racing is risky and can be dangerous.
In reality, it happens quite often and most without incident.
My position is that I don't judge.
I strongly advise that if you don't street race, then you won't cause an accident due to it.
If you are going to do some hard 0-60 or 0-100 runs on the street, please please consider the road conditions, traffic density, potential vehicle entry and line of sight, and all other manner of potential problems.

If you don't drive hard and fast or race on the street, then you're not a problem.
Reality, again, evidenced by "enthusiasts" discussing weekend back road carving, shows that quite a large number engage in some manor of "reckless" driving.
You may not be racing another car, but if you're driving above the speed limit and/or trying to go faster and faster around your favorite roads and turns, then by the standards set by some posters on here, you are dangerous.
I then assume that those who disparage such kind of driving are then themselves not doing any of the things I just mentioned, and they ONLY do that on a track or closed course.

Last edited by RPM90; 03-17-2012 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 0