View Single Post
      06-03-2016, 09:50 AM   #3
ONDEMAND
oooooo
Rep
Drives: with 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
I would go back to your tuner. I don't think it is really understood why or when it happens, but the tuner should be able to tweak some tables to try and prevent it from happening. I think there may be some other parameters that Cobb AP/ATR does not have access to that is triggering something. That's why we are crossing our fingers MHD or PTF or someone releasing something that allows tuners to adjust more than what they are able to do with Cobb.

Who is your tuner?
Thanks man,

Yeah there does not seem to be much info on this code and believe me I have searched multiple forums high and low.

I didnt want to get into who, but PTF is the tuner and I've always been really happy with the results. They have tuned two of my cars over the years and always do a great job....but lets just say they are preoccupied right now with development of their F chassis OBD tuning beta. They posted multi channel OBD logging of an F82 so they have something going on with the newer ECU's. Thats great and all but as an E82 N55 owner Ive become a little frustrated with 7-10 day wait times for an email response with upcoming track days on the horizon. Hitting hard limp mode mid corner with the car loaded under throttle could be a hairy situation. But running a aftermarket turbo it not as simple as going back to an older less aggressive map for the time being. I did know this going in. Hopefully I can get a consistent map (even if its less aggressive) before track time. May just have to cycle through 19 different maps and find the best fit that will keep me out of limp mode.

PTF is a great company but I think they are small enough that its difficult to keep up with their existing customers needs and try to develop | expand the business. That said hopefully whatever they are developing for F chassis will lead to more table | channel access for the E series N55 as well.

Anyone had the P36CA and found a way around it??