View Single Post
      11-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #267
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Showroom stock racing has a minimum weight requirement i believe. He left most of the interior there to make weight. Also I believe regulations require there to be a passenger seat too.
This is true. We have both minimum weight and interior removal restrictions. So it definitely presents challenges. The current BMW Club Racing Stock class rules are pretty much the way they were when BMW Club Racing started up in the 90's. Based on where we were with the weight and knowing how the car was going to be used (driven across the US, etc.), I left some of the comforts in the car.

It's certainly a compromise race class as opposed to the Prepared and Modified classes. And with the newer product lines, it gets tougher and tougher. They would even allow me to remove the sunroof (and in the US, you could not get one without one).

The good news is, after a few years of my making a case to BMW Club Racing that the current stock class rules are a little archaic, it sounds like they are doing away with the old Stock class rules and coming up with a newer rule set that will allow more modifications to the cars.

So our compromise of a race car that can already beat quite a lot of the fully prepared race cars will now get even faster.
Appreciate 0