12-18-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Subscribed
it's going to be a medium-pace event as funds and parts trickle in.. i haven't yet locked down a shop to do the engine work, or someone to install, but i've got a few of each that have said they're happy to/capable

i estimate 6-9 months hopefully, i'd like it in before september and the spring/summer car event seasons comes to life..

also, if anyone wants just about any stock part that could possibly be upgraded... let me know and if i haven't taken it off, i'll make it a priority (airbox/intake piping.. even stock turbos, i'll need the catted downpipes for registration though, they have about 50,000km on them)

pre-ic piping is broken, was damaged in transit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Loving those wheels, they really suit the car. Interesting project.
thanks, VMR V701's.. if i ever want to upgrade them, i'd like to stick to the same style, or at least stay concave rather than dish wheels

I'm aware it's going to cost a fair ton, but (as far as i can calculate), if i were to put it in now entirely unmodified, no more than it would to get a 135i

I'm pretty sure i have, or know what i need, parts wise, for it to *work*.. we'll see hah... getting the E9x bentley manual soon, to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightelf View Post
Nice, good luck. 1M widebody conversion next?
ehhh.. they're all too expensive (that i know of) like the prior design one... fitment issues aside, i'd love the ER wide body lol.. if ever, that's a long LONG way away though

the girlfriend tolerates my spending on the car because she's a car fan... but after this it won't be long until home purchase time, plus i have to help her get a nicer (BMW )car (2006 lancer...) in about a year and a half haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontask View Post
It'll be the car that I always wanted - I'm impressed!
Hanging out with you/all the other 135i owners made me feel like i was missing out not having the N54... and well.. it's a lot more interesting than the N52 in every way (development wise)

I put the blame for this solely on all of you :P... well, and the price of the engine being so good, wouldn't have stomached the $7-8k they go for on ebay.
Appreciate 0