View Single Post
      03-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #380
dwagner003
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Ya, don't think I helped matters by then getting an even more expensive S5. Would be nice if all the other cars would just...go away and let me be.

Definitely got the DTC as the manual isn't even an option as my left wrist is pretty much destroyed from the airbag blowing open on it in the accident.

I don't know anything about this "secret" launch control though. Do share. I just learned the other day we can also get them coded/programmed by people with the right equipment to have a digital speedo in the center of the instrument cluster, too, which normally I'd say big whoop, but my S5 has it and i'm addicted to it. Feels like I'm driving K.I.T.T. or something from knight rider, only it doesn't talk to me.

Counting down the days til mine gets here. I'm predicting April 27, just waiting for a boat (if it's even at the port).
Yeah, I actually discovered this by accident while preparing to race an older M3. There is no launch control button, per se, but it's activated with a certain sequence. Gear shift into manual mode. Press the Sport button. Downshift to 1st. Turn off traction control. Left foot on brake, right foot to the floor. A checkered flag will show up on the instrument cluster. As soon as you left off the brake, you're off.

2 rumors I've heard, though. It apparently does not activate until the car has 1,500 miles, and the computer tracks the number of times it's done. Maybe for warranty purposes if you shred the clutch after 2,000 miles.

Either way, have fun, man. The car likes to be driven like a bastard.
Appreciate 0