View Single Post
      04-24-2016, 08:54 AM   #15
Maud
Private
Rep
Drives: 1er, 3er

I had my brakes replaced about a year ago now (Zimmerman rotors, Textar pads), and have this issue - no squeal soft braking, massive squeal medium braking, no squeal hard braking. It appears to be the fronts more so than the rears.

I brought the car back to the very reputable shop where I had the brakes done within 3 weeks, and they said the pads were not glazed (good) and everything appeared to be ok. They applied more grease which temporarily resolved the issue but the squeal just returned after a few days. I attempted to bed the pads in a few times after this, but it just seems to be a temp fix.

The problem is that I do a lot of city driving and medium braking is more prevalent...the squealing gets really annoying, and usually pray that I stop beside a city bus so people think that is the culprit. I was considering replacing the pads with StopTech Street Performance but not sure if that will be just a waste of money.

Funny thing is, if I wash the car and blast the brakes with water and take it for a drive, there is much less squeal, that is until the dust builds up...so maybe that's a key factor here.........................