mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 Tii
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
There were some down here that were marked down $8-9k a few weeks ago. I felt bad for them. One of the FIRST ones I think is still available in Delaware - the infamous red on red one.

Is it wrong that I actually don't want people to know about these cars? I kinda like that most normal people don't even know what the hell a 135 is, let alone a 135is. So, I like that it's our little secret rocket ship of a car. Someone at work asked me yesterday, "hey, how much power does your car have?" His eyes nearly popped out of his head when I said, 320..."320 in that little thing?!"

I also don't get how people think the 4 is great looking and the 1 is ugly. The 2 doesn't do much for me either, but I'll go look at one and take it for a spin when they come out in a few months as it'll coincide with my next oil change.
The 135is seems like the modern ZHP. Those who know know, and those who don't, don't. But few years down the road almost everyone will recognize the distinction.

I never viewed the ZHP as an M3 equivalent but I always viewed that model as a 'gift' to the loyal enthusiasts. It wasn't about making a huge profit nor any kind of branding. They recognized the 135i as a special car and wanted to send it out in the most deserving way.
Exactly. I love the ZHP and miss mine terribly. Most certainly not an m3 equivalent but so awesome in its own right. And not because there were objective power numbers or major tweaks, but because the sum of the parts was a great product. Little things like red tach needles, perfection of the m tech 2 body kit and a more peaky torque curve were so great. Then the amazing cloth/alcantara interior... Don't get me started.

So I see the 135is as similar, but in all honesty, as a package I don't think it's even close to the ZHP.

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0