View Single Post
      08-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #11
Don-Corleone
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
In other countries, you can order hundreds of paint colors, dozens of leather colors, trim pieces, options, etc. it's the BMW Individual program.

Personally, I do not think it's right that we in the States can order a custom car to our exact specifications and then be able to walk without a penalty.

In deed it's not very ethical or polite but the dealer or sales guy who has been trying to stuff you isn't either. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's life and the cost of doing business. Just go by the dealer or get your wife/relative to do it and get your deposit back. Just say you are pussy whipped.

It's called the bad cop-good cop trick; I always do this with my father; it's a funny mental game similar to what the general manager and CA/sales guy do to any random Mr. Joe Schmo who wants a shiny new car!

My dad is a senior fiscal auditor and wealth manager and I am a strategic manager so we know our numbers and we love to use them as bargaining power :w00t:!

Last time I checked, BMW isn't paying for my mortgage, my wife's desire to go to Bali or the South of France, nor my life expenses thus if I save money on a good deal it's more money to spend elsewhere.

Don-