View Single Post
      08-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #100
CarGuy
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i M Sport

Garage List
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and awaiting delivery of a Metalic Black 2012 128i + M-Sport pkg.

I was also considering the 135i + M Sport pkg. This was based on instructing a newbie in a 135i (paddle-shift sequential AT) at Calabogie in 2009. I was very impressed with the power and it made me regret that BMW released the 135i in 2008. That's because I had just bought a '07 Subaru STi.

After less than satisfactory reliability with my STi at the track, I've sworn off turbo cars of any kind. Also, there really isn't any place other than the track to open up 300 horses. So for overall value as a daily driver I'd have to say the 128i is the better choice.

PS: OK I confess I will most likely take my 128i to the track since I won't be able to resist. the truth is I'd rather have a fun, solid and reliable 230HP car than a turbocharged 300HP rocket that requires a greater investment in engine maintenance, fuel, tires, brakes and insurance.

When you're racing it's life. Anything before or after is just waiting. -Steve McQueen
Appreciate 0