View Single Post
      07-07-2009, 07:08 AM   #14
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

HI Guys,

I would like to let everyone know that i am now a dealer for PROcede products in Melbourne. I can supply and install PROcedes, change and update firmware and maps, and install other add ons that the PROcede support like the digital boost guages. I can also provide you local support, tech assistance and warranty if required, and importantly a face for my local market as i have to you enthusiasts since the 135i's were released here.

There are many reasons why i was interested in the PROcede and have had an interest which initially was sparked 'by the competition'. Also i have potential customers that are looking for more options out of their tune and want it to do more. Not too long ago i saw the 335i at Wakefield on the TV, i did some research and found they went away from the PROcede and had now returned. That was enough to get me researching more.

After initial discussions were held i decided to try the unit myself. I have now run the PROcede in my 135i for a while now and have become more familiar with the functions and useability of it. There is nothing like trying out your own car to test products out there in the market place to see what is what. I am running the Canbus V3 Rev 2 with user torque settings at 85.

I like the fact that you have a user interface that allows you to do many things. The best part i like is the data logging feature. I did some time on the dyno to record some power and tractive effort data to compare with my previous catalogue of dyno data for all 135,335i cars but i used the data logger to log everything that happened. When i got back later and had some time i checked out the data like the boost and how it came on, it logs it in a graphical form. It also logs rpm and temps, fuel and ign, etc etc. I really like this feature. Something else that was nice is seeing as i run catless downpipes i have previously run an O2 sim. With the PROcede this is not necessary as you can enable this feature very easily with a few key strokes once connected. The PROcede offers fuel and timing control that is not available in other products and some user adjustability. It also offers me a gateway to a tuning option when i move onto turbo upgrades and methanol kits for the 135i. The new features include boost coming on progressively when changing gear to give some relief to the gearboxes and drivetrain components. Another feature is that when you are tracking your car, with a tune especially, oil temps get very high, the PROcede has a built in feature that reduces boost as your temp gets very high so that you are not hammering your car under high boost and high oil temps. Inversely it does this when the car is cold as well. The Digital boost guage will be available soon as well and can integrate into the PROcede as it runs through the Canbus. Oh and speaking of Canbus, if you do induce a fault code, you can clear it while you are on the side of the road...i tried this...i induced a code on purpose and cleared it with no tools, very cool, i have also spoken to them and we have had a discussion about map switching while driving and some other features i think may work and they may look into it down the track. I also like the plug n play wiring harness, it makes the install easy.

This excites me, sorry to ramble a little but it is all good. I'll have it in my car on the weekend, not much to see but if you have any questions, i am happy to help.
Appreciate 0