View Single Post
      08-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
thomas135
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

C63 vs. 135

So I test drove a C63 AMG on the weekend, and had some thoughts that I thought I would share. Although the C63 and a 135 are not really directly comparable considering price / specification, however it seems to be an often considered 'next step' for 135 drivers, especially since the M3 is financially a bigger leap. (For those interested, I test drove a with a family member, who ending up buying on the spot).

Notes: C63 was a 2011 four door auto. My 135 is a 2011 stock dc-t.

Power
The power delivery was excellent, it felt quick. Quicker than my 135 (obviously) but I was perhaps expecting a little more.

Handling / Steering
I found the C63 to be very predictable, and felt that I got know it very quickly—which was great. It definitely felt like a bigger car and not as 'precise' as my 135.

The steering was noticeably lighter than the 135i and found it easier to drive whilst cursing and in normal city driving.

Transmission
This was perhaps the most disappointing aspect of the car. I felt the transmission felt a little slow (in all modes, and using the manual shifters). I definitely prefer the speed and shift on my 135.

Interior
Dash / centre console felt a little bland. But the rest of the interior quality was excellent (better than the 135) and the front seats are truly awesome! The front / rear wasn't as spacious as I expected.

Sound
I love the sound of the turbo six, but the V8 sounds incredible. For me, C63 has this hands down!

Overall, I absolutely loved the C63 and it was brilliant fun to drive and without a doubt it is a 'better' car and I think what you get for your $ is excellent, especially if you go demo or low km s/h. But I've got to say, I didn't enjoy the drive home any less in my 135 and I'm certainly not in a hurry to change.

Keen to hear others experiences!
Cheers.
Appreciate 0