06-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Clear vs Blue vs Auto-dimming Side mirror

Hey guys,

Originally posted it in the Canada section, but didn't have much visibility there as traffic is a bit low in that board... Reposting to see if any one have any insight here.

I recently got a used 09 135 M Sport. I used to have a e90 328i with auto-dimming interior mirror, but no auto-dimming exterior mirrors. I find the mirrors in the 135i all have insane glare, even more so than the non-auto-dimming exterior mirrors that I had before.

So... how many types of mirrors are there? I always thought that...

For the interior rear-view
1. Non auto-dim clear mirror
2. Auto-dimming mirror

For the exterior mirror
1. Non auto-dim blue mirror
2. Auto-dimming mirror

From RealOEM, for the USA N54 E82 135i, for the exterior mirror glass, it lists you can either get
1. Blauglas (Which I take as that it's Blue Glass)
2. ELEKTROCHROM (Which I take as the auto-dimming glass?)

I plan to replace the interior mirror with an auto-dimming one. For the exterior one tho, I want to figure out what mirror I already got. To me, the exterior mirrors looks exactly like the non-auto-dimming interior mirror, and it doesn't seem to have a blue tint to the glass. So is it not the Blauglas? If not then what the heck is it then, as RealOEM doesn't list anything other than Blauglass and Auto-dim...

My car is MY09, M Sports + Premium package but does not have the Executive/Convinience Package (whichever package that gives you Comfort Access). Please help. Thanks!
Appreciate 0