05-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by exPat View Post

My unsubstantiated, wild-ass guess is that the last E82 will be built July 19… and that will be the end. The line then will be changed over to start making the i3 in volume by the end of August. No more of this:

Actually Leipzig (as other BMW) plants can produce cars in a "mixed" production. Meaning one car X1, then an e82 or e88 then an i3. All rolling down the assembly line.

The Leipzig factory buildings are arranged in the shape of a "hand" and each of the fingers are where the sub assemblies are done. I know last year when I toured Leipzig(for the third time) they were building like crazy there. Not just new buildings but they were also expanding the metal press areas bc as is they run over time. Leipzig is BMW's most advanced factory - this is the reason why the i3 and (later) the i8 will be built there.

I do not know when EOP (End of Production) will be for the e82. I suspect very soon. Probably July or August at the latest. We know starting from November the F22 should start to roll out of the factory.

Dackel
Appreciate 0