View Single Post
      05-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #9
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Lol thanks for the illustration. Takes me like 10 mins sometimes to get that cover back on.. Other times instant :P

I'll be getting angel eyes soon, so will be looking for a stock H8 replacement. You don't recommend any better than stock?

People rave about lux but $250.... Wtf
I have Alpine's HID kit and I love it... except right now it's doing some really weird stuff. Error free, and worked perfectly for 8+ months.. now both bulbs crapped out. Alex@Alpine is great though and sent one replacement ballast so quick I got it almost the next day. There are lots of users who use the GP thunders or MTec H8 replacement bulbs, but those can't match the whiteness of LED's or HID's, and neither halogens nor LED's can match the brightness of HID's, barring full replacement rings. The kit was about 160 bucks plus an extra 20 or so for an extra set of headlight caps with the necessary hole pre-drilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
Oh wow, thanks for the illustration 1speed xD I'll be sure to keep your advice and picture in mind when I do it!

So many warnings haha, I'm tempted to add a few packs of silica gel packs into the headlight!
haha no problem. the angel eyes are really easy to muck up if you're not informed. but as long as you take it slow, prepare for a bit of cursing, do this all on a warm, DRY day, and reseal the lights properly, there is nothing to be worried about at all. The silica isn't even necessary, I just add it because my headlight caps have holes in them (sealed with a rubber grommet, but I like to just be safe anyway). I just throw one in on each side through the crack between the cap and the housing right before I snap the clips back into place.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0