02-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #30
NavyChop93
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is Convertible

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
[QUOTE=BMWCali;13417421]Just got back from driving the 135is convertible and 135i convertible back to back. And, surprisingly, I actually liked the 135i more. The exhaust note on the 135is was nice, but to be honest, I couldn't tell a difference in power between the two and I floored each at least 3 times during the test drive. And while the sound on the 135is was definitely nicer, it seemed like the exhaust pipes stuck out almost to the point where you could burn your leg if getting something out of the trunk -- almost looked like they stuck out too far and definitely further than the exhaust pipes on the 135i. I also felt the stiffer springs on the 135is, but it didn't seem to make anything more than a 5 or 10% difference going through the corners and it felt about 20 or 25% less comfortable over bumps in the road over the 135i.

Interesting and thanks for sharing. Did the 135i have the M-Sport package?

If yes, my understanding is that there was no additional suspension mods made to the 135is and so I would expect the ride and handling to be similar unless a difference could somehow be attributed to the actual wheels. The tires are appratenly 10mm larger in the rear on the 135is but, again, not super significant.

I could have my facts wrong on suspension mods done in addition to the inclusion of the M Sport package as standard on the 135is, so I'd be interested for the community to confirm that thought or set me straight?
Appreciate 0