Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida View Post
Thanks for the help!

I'm not sure if the car has a downpipe since I just recently bought it. I'll have to check. I didn't even know about the recall either. Thanks again.

You can take your car or a copy of its VIN to any BMW dealer and have them check for open recalls.

The HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) for 2008 and 2009 US cars has been extended to 10 years or 100K miles and have a recall campaign. We will have to see what BMW does for 2010 M.Y and later cars.

The HPFP recall is to replace the fuel pump AND install new software (SW) update. Some have noticed a increase with turbo lag(as happened to me). You can tell IF your can has this new SW by/when you unlock your car and you immediately hear the low pressure fuel pump start to humm - before you start to car!

The Federal Emissions Warranty can cover emissions related components for vehicles up to 8 years after the in service date or up to 80,000 miles, whichever comes first.

http://suite101.com/article/car-and-...#ixzz1zIFHMjOt

Your BMW is covered by a free four year service plan, you pay for nothing (except tires) for four years or 50K miles. Basically that means three or four free oil changes and maybe a brake job. They also pay for new wipers and pollen filter and brake fluid flush. Spark plugs should be changed at 45K miles too - also covered.

BMW's come with a 5 years / 60,000 mile(?) powertrain warranty too. You can also buy an extension if you like from any dealer.
Appreciate 0