Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
This car is 1 tough cookie

Well I just had an unfortunate evening. Turning onto my street, the car in front of me stopped suddenly to make a left turn. I stopped in time, didn't even slam on my brakes to do it. The guy behind me, however, didn't have 6-pot Brembos in his POS Cavaliere. BAM! He hit my car with enough force to send everything in my passenger seat, including my dinner, onto the floor board, and even popped my shade open on my sunroof.

Getting out of the car, I was expecting the whole rear to be smashed in. It was a good whack. I walk behind the car and to my surprise, damage was extremely minimal. The only thing I could see was my iCarbon CF diffuser was cracked. The bumper itself was fine. His front bumper, on the other hand, was fucked. He split that in half and bent his plate all to hell.

Even though I couldn't really tell if there was any damage, I called the police to make a report. Turns out, while I was waiting I noticed my CEL was on. After everything was done, my car took a long time to turnover and stalled shortly after that, but I did manage to get it home. What do you guys think could cause that? Do you think the impact damaged the fuel system in any way? Is there anything right behind the bumper that could have been damaged?

I'm going to make an appt with my dealership in the morning to have them look at everything and I'll get the final word from my insurance. I'm surprised about the bumper though, not even a scratch.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0