View Single Post
      01-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #141
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The OE (BMW) vs OEM (aftermarket) argument is something I brought up pages ago. There is a difference. What that difference is... we will not know until these parts get some miles on them and wear out or fail.

Meyle and Lemforder DO make suspension parts for BMW's. Even for our 1er models. Not sure what you were talking about Flinchy. ?

Generally speaking... Lemforder is of better quality than say Meyle. But a BMW (dealer) sold suspension part is of better quality. EVEN if it is made by one of those companies! Like I said... there IS a difference.

I really do not know what the difference is with these TRW parts. I am curious to see someone run them for say 40K miles and report back!
I mean that say.. they may make a control arm, or a sway bar, that CAN be used on 1ers, but they're not the BMW OEM, they're an aftermarket OEM for that particular part... TRW for example makes the OEM BMW part (control arms), therefore i'd assume that that particular part from that particular company, would be better (or at least more exacting to BMW's specifications) than that same part from another company.

Meyle HD makes.. i believe sway bars or tie rods or something?.. another company may make the same part, but i would prefer the OE BMW supplier, unless i could guarantee the other manufacturing to be superior.

Last edited by flinchy; 01-23-2013 at 12:12 AM..
Appreciate 0