bueller
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 EB F31 2018 LG F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I don't understand charging you for a loaner. The only time I asked for one it was free.

The only one you can reasonably expect to do a warranty repair is a BMW dealer. If you have a different dealer you can deal with you could try that but anybody else who fixes your car will expecxt to be paid. I don't see much choice but to let the dealer do it. If they don't do it right, then they get to do it again.

Jim
Jim,

I agree with you on both counts. Problem is my expectations and the reality of dealing with a car dealer are pretty far apart. If this were a leased Camry that I used as a commuter car, I would just leave it up to the dealer and return it at the end of the lease. I own this car, and was hoping to hang on to it as i really like it!

My time being valuable (to me at least) I think I will save a lot of time just taking care of the issues myself, then passing it off to my attorney. Most of my family are lawyers (3), as well as my GF so, I am covered in the legal department. I was hoping not to go down the legal route, but I feel that the dealerships lack of proactivity on the initial issue, and the subsequent F up leaves me little choice.

I don't want to have my car repainted multiple times.
Appreciate 0