View Single Post
      06-15-2012, 03:20 AM   #40
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

WOW! This is one of the best looking 128s I've seen on this forum. Just so simple (in a good way) and classic.

It's weird: looking at the online configurator, I prefer the M-Sport/135 body kit but I've seen a few 1s on the road lately and I tend to like the standard body style better in person.

The same goes for the style 370 wheels on the Sport Package -- at first I didn't dig they way they looked on the configurator, but I saw a set in person and I like them. Your pictures really do them justice.

The only thing I don't like about the Sport/M-Sport on the 1 Series is the shadowline window trim. The greenhouse on the 1 is small in proportion with the body and the black trim makes it look smaller -- I wish they offered the standard chrome even with Sport/M-Sport. That said, you have to go with sport suspension and seats over window trim!

Unfortunately, BMW won't offer the Sport Package in MY13, only M-Sport, so I guess you won't seem many beautiful cars like yours. I'll be in the market for a MY13 next Spring, so no Sport Package for me (dammit).

I'm guessing you drove around Palos Verdes Drive, right?
Appreciate 0