View Single Post
      06-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #15
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The press release for the UK market is on line because someone within BMW UK broke the embargo set for later on today.
As this is another stage in which a BMW product has been leaked unofficially.

Word in Munich is BMW high ups are severely pissed about the leaked pictures.
They do not show the full detail of the car due to the quick shoot nature of the photography.
The real photographs for the car give a much better impression .

But anyway here we go the closure to the car I initially "prepped"since the hatch was released in 2004 on CSS to later postings on GCZ and of course you fine people.:biggrin: we have come along way and now here we are on the eve of the launch of the new BMW 1er Coupe.

Whilst specifications relate to the UK market and of course Germany and the rest of Europe - sadly the diesels will not be available in the USA but an additional petrol model will be offered as will the M sport package as the small BMW performance Coupe.

However starting with Europe first. Additional petrol engines will be launched, engines that befit the sporty,dynamic nature of the new BMW 1er Coupe.

North American cars go on sale in April 2008.

Of course the Cabrio is ongoing , but you will see additional Coupe shots - basically testing new engines , developments and a NA six cylinder upodate engine which suggests the development prototypes of the M1are about to
appear on the horizon.
Just as I thought...Brits jumped the gun. Cool!
Seems this happened with the 3-ers last debut and the entire brochure was leaked, scanned and posted on various websites.
I expect we'll see tons of stuff coming out in literally waves of info and pics.

Note that Scott confirms M1. That's good enuff for me- but plans can always change. Also mentions BMW bigwigs pissed over the recent low res pics. Sometimes I think Scott has to provide cover...in this case I don't know- they are awful photos. Add that in with the UK press release and you can see that BMW is barely keeping a lid on it. Probably wise to issue some official docs/pics now before the leaking turns into a river and they no longer are in control and management of something they've worked very hard for.
Christmas in the summer.
:biggrin:
Appreciate 0