View Single Post
      09-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #1
thatoneguy...
Private
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

After JB4 install, 30FF. Charge pipe/DV?

Hello all! Just got done installing my JB4, and WOW does the car pull! Only problem is, I have yet to experience a problem-free drive. I keep tripping a 30ff code, and the safety mechanism on the JB4 kicks it back to a factory map (really neat feature, and I like the safety catch). Now, I know this is related to a boost leak somewhere in the system, and wanted to conduct a quick poll to see where people think the primary culprit is. My understanding is that the factory charge pipe is pretty fragile, and the diverter valve system isn't the strongest. That would be convenient if this was what went wrong, as both those things are on my to-mod list and would cut down on the price of repairs. Any other problems? Wastegates? Thank you so much!

Edit: I should add that I don't think it's the wastegates, as boost doesn't really seem to suffer much. It's definitely still there when I push the fun pedal (not too much lag). Code gets thrown at seemingly random times, I'm trying to correlate an act to the code being thrown. I'll also add that I am running a DCI, if that changes anything.

Last edited by thatoneguy...; 09-16-2015 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0