View Single Post
      12-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #39
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldBMWguy View Post
Mr. Metak--- What you are saying re all that Res. frequency makes some sense, but I am just a plain old civil engineer-- anything more that roads, buildings, good water, and bad crap is beyond me....... but are you saying we just need to cut a hole [or two?] in the exhaust pipe and weld one or two 27 in. closed end pipes into them, and find the space to fit them............ and the drone will be reduced/gone ??
Something is way off with the calculations - I haven't looked into it myself though since I like the exhaust just the way it is.

The S2000's oem exhaust system mimics something similar to what is being described here and the perpendicular tubing is no longer than 6-8 inches long. Granted, different piping diameter, different engines, etc, but good luck trying to find space for 27'' of piping.

Also, the diameter of the piece of tubing will also influence the outcome of this experiment. So maybe it does not have to be that long if the diameter is changed. Again, not something I want to put any effort into, but just throwing it out there.
Appreciate 0