Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerlucas View Post
I was just talking to a shop about doing this for my headliner, but they made it sound like a real pain in the ass and expensive. They said they would have to remove the existing fabric, which would be very time consuming and then re-wrap it. They said that adding the suede on top would be too thick and it would look right or work well with the sliding piece for the sun roof. None of this really sounded right to me, but I didn't really push back because I'm still not sure if I'll do it.

Anyway, is any of this accurate? Did they have to pull off the stock fabric? Also, did they have to remove the headliner from the car and if so how did they get it out (remove a window or through the door)?

Sorry about the list of questions, but this is something I'm seriously considering and I'm just not sure what's involved.

BTW, I was planning on going to black and replacing the light plastic pieces with the black ones from the m sport package (you can get this stuff from Dan@united). I'm not sure if I would wrap the pillars though, I might just replace them with the black ones.

Oh yeah, looks great
Twin Fed,

I'm starting to think about doing this again and was hoping that you might be able to answer some of the question I posted. If you can't, no worries, but I think it would very helpful to those considering this.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0