View Single Post
      03-13-2017, 10:19 PM   #6
xlr231
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 - 2009 335i

Thanks for the input. I've been looking for over 3 months now, I'm starting to think I should just give up finding exactly what I want and get whatever I can find that is close.

The frustrating thing is the local BMW dealer had a 2011 135i that was pretty much exactly what I was looking for but was a little overpriced. I was out of town when they dropped the price and when I got back someone had put a deposit on it the day before.

I went to look at a newly listed 128i 6MT this weekend. When I got there they said they had shipped it out of state to have a recall taken care of.

They talked me into driving another 128i they had, it turned out to be a non-sport, convertible, with an automatic. I've already driven 4 other 1 series, but this was the first one I've taken on the highway. Maybe it was the fact that it was a convertible, but it seemed a little unsettled going over bumpy roads at that speed.

Also when I hit the gas to accelerate up to highway speed it seemed like the transmission didn't know what to do. It downshifted to first but then it was like it was stuck there and just kept bouncing off the rev limiter. I'm guessing maybe it was just something wrong with this one, but both 128i I've driven the transmission seemed a little off. But the other one had been sitting un-driven for months.

I've been leaning towards an auto since I'm not sure I want to deal with a clutch in Atlanta traffic. Not sure if the auto in the 128i really sucks or it's just issues with the ones I've driven.
Appreciate 0